Thursday, January 14, 2010

Craving Italian!

I have been craving Italian food for 2 weeks and I have eaten it and still want more! I feel like I am going crazy! So I looked at the website Ang said and found one of Gina's recipes to try tonight. (or tomorrow if Brocky doesn't get feeling better soon!)

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast halves sliced in half
3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan
2 T butter melted
3/4 reduced fat mozzarella
1 cup of marinara
cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in a bowl. In another bowl melt butter. Lightly spread butter on chicken and then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken on baking sheet and lighlty spray again. Bake for 20 minutes, turn chicken over, and bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded mozzarella. Bake 5 more minutes!

My mouth is already watering. Each piece is 5 points and 2 would be 11 (5.5 each).

On that note I have a question for you guys. Do you guys count half points? I never have and have never been told to. However I noticed in the weight watchers magazine that they sell in the stores an article about a lady and it went over her points for the day and she counted half points. Have I been doing this wrong for over 3 years? The calculator that they sell at meeting doesn't do half points and the recipes in all the material never say half points... I always figured some things are closer to the upper end in the point and some things are lower so they even out. If I calculate something and it is 3.9 points I would count if 4, but other then that I just take what it says!

2 comments:

  1. I was told at a meeting and also in their January magazine it says to round to the nearest whole number. So basically what you said about it all evening out in the end is right and you have been doing it right for 3 years. But if I was eating two of an identical item in the same meal and it was 5.5 I would count it was 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and this looks delicious I'm totally trying it tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete