Thursday, March 4, 2010

Taco Soup

Wow! It has been so long since I have been on here that I actually forgot the password. Thank heavens I still have the facebook message that I typed it in. I think since this isn't working out like I planned maybe we could even just post 'normal' recipes. I know sometimes just easy meal ideas are just as good.
Seth has been barbequing for us lately. He is so good at it. Everything he makes is mouth watering (and spicy)! It is awesome because it is so healthy. I am glad he enjoys doing it as much as I enjoy eating it! But I am going to post 2 taco soup recipes. One I got at a ww meeting when they used to hang them up on the wall and the second I found online. I have verified the second recipes point value but not the first, but since I got it at weight watchers I would be shocked if it was wrong!

Weight Watchers Taco Soup:
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 can pinto beans
1 large onion chopped
1 can hot chili beans
1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 can whole kernal corn
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 can stewed tomatoes mexican style
1 can stewed tomatoes

Brown meat and onion, drain. Add dressing mix and seasoning. Add all other ingredients. Let simmer for one hour. 1 cup is 2 points.

Taco Soup:
1 lb extra lean ground beef (95 lean)
1 large onion diced
3 15oz cans of chili beans
1 15 oz can black beans
2 cups of corn
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups of water (I almost always leave this out, I like it thicker!)
1 4 1/2 oz can diced green chilies
1 package of taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing mix

Brown meat, drain. Add all ingredients. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for one hour. 1 cup is 5 points.

I love to have a tablespoon of fat free sour cream on it or a few light tortilla chips. The second one is a little more filling but the first is only 2 points! I love them both though!

No comments:

Post a Comment